compensation: $22/HR (Equates to $45,760 annually) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Lockhart & McAllister is a boutique virtual bookkeeping/business administrative organization, located in southwest Austin. We cater to individuals and small businesses. We are currently seeking an experienced STAFF BOOKKEEPER for a full-time position. Candidate must have 5+ current years of bookkeeping work experience.
• Current Quickbooks desktop experience a MUST. You must know how to use all of the modules within Quickbooks and how they interact with each other.
• Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
• Advanced user of Excel
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work independently.
• Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized.
• Strong time manager with respect for deadlines.
• Ability to identify errors and solve problems.
• Decisive and critical thinker.
• Must be able to handle full cycle A/P and A/R for multiple companies in various industries
• Reconcile bank and credit card statements
• General ledger posting and review
• Prior experience in a CPA firm is a plus.
• Fast learner and able to prioritize duties as needed.
• Receives bills, and when necessary, investigates accounts payable bills
• Codes payables for input into system
• Post payables to appropriate accounting module
• Process payments in a timely manner
• Review all vendors on a monthly basis to determine 1099 status, and request W9s as needed
• Generate 1099s for all vendors at year end
• Verifies and enters accounts receivables invoices accurately into software
• Prints and reviews appropriate account receivables reports for accuracy each month
• Prepare and posts payment receipts to customer accounts weekly
• Deposits accounts receivables into client bank accounts
• Maintains all records and files and backup documentation related to accounts receivable
• Research and resolve payment discrepancies in a timely manner
• Enter all new hire information
• Process, weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls, for hourly and salary individuals
• Report and pay payroll taxes for each payroll
• Report and pay quarterly and annual payroll taxes
• Prepare W2’s
• Reconcile all bank, credit card and investment statements on a monthly basis.
• Post appropriate adjusting, memorized journal entries.
• Review detail reports on a monthly basis to assist in month-end closing by assuring all appropriate information is entered accurately in QB, and on ancillary reports
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
• To be successful in this position, you must possess between 3-5 years of current Quickbooks experience.
• You must have 3-5 years of full charge bookkeeping experience.
• Prior experience at a CPA office is a plus.
• When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
• Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work. We offer health and dental benefits, and paid accidental insurance.
• We offer a PTO policy, including 12 paid holidays in 2019
• We offer company provided coffee and snacks and a business casual dress code which promotes employee well-being.
• We offer flexible hours after 1 year.
You will be required to pass a bookkeeping test, and Quickbooks skills test. Due to high levels of confidential information, a background check will be required. Send resume AND cover letter. Please no phone calls or recruiters. This is not an outsourced bookkeeper position. This position does not offer work-from-home. This is a non-smoking, cell-phone free environment.
Job Type: Full-time, M-F, 9:00a - 5:30p
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers