compensation: Competitive compensation & based on experience. Generous bonus structure and benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This position reports to the Service Manager and Property Manager.
The maintenance technician will perform the work necessary to complete resident service requests. The maintenance technician is responsible for completing building maintenance and repair and will perform unit make-ready duties for 3 multifamily apartment communities (411 units).
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A technical background in multifamily property maintenance is required. Expertise in carpentry, sheetrock restoration and appliance repair preferred. Familiarity with electricity, plumbing and a working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliance repairs required.
All employees must have a valid drivers’ license, good driving record, reliable transportation and current auto insurance.
Must be HVAC certified
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
This job is a labor position and considered heavy in physical requirements. Must be able to constantly stand, walk, bend at the neck, reach waist to shoulder, grasp and use dominant hand; frequently lift heavy objects, climb ladders or stairs, kneel/squat, twist body, reach above shoulders or below waist and repeat motions and perform fine finger manipulations. The work involves indoor and outdoor activities with exposure to seasonal weather and the associated temperature fluctuations. Frequent exposure to airborne dust, paint fumes and the chemicals used in surface preparation and general maintenance work. The above listed physical and visual activities are commonly associated with the performance and essential functions of this job. “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There may be circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Performs maintenance work as ordered on resident service requests
• Returns all completed work order tickets in designated box daily
• Performs turnover maintenance including heat and air unit and water heater repair, etc.
• Performs the turn process on vacant apartments as directed by the service manager/maintenance supervisor within the required time frames and to the quality standards set by the company
• Participates in scheduled preventative maintenance programs
• Reports units in poor condition to manager (poor housekeepers, excessive maintenance issues, etc.)
• Reports to manager units with patio conditions, unauthorized pets, inoperable vehicles, signage condition, landscaping, bike racks, etc.
• Reports capital item repairs needed (broken steps, loose railings, structural concerns, units in need of rehab, etc.)
• Emergency maintenance:
1. Is on-call for emergency maintenance duty when assigned
2. Is familiar with power, water and gas turnoffs, clean out traps, fire extinguisher and hydrant locations and operation
3. Knows emergency telephone numbers (fire, police, maintenance supervisor)
4. Follows all company emergency procedures
• Responsible for mileage reports to be turned in monthly
• Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies
• Picks up trash at the community daily including outside of and around the dumpsters and the pet waste stations
• Reports all needed repairs to the service manager
• Assists with other types of maintenance when necessary
• Be able to concentrate on intricate detail with moderate interruption
• Come to work with phone charged, uniform cleaned and badge on at all times
• Must be a self-starter
• Responsible for prioritizing assigned daily tasks
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Assists at other sister communities as requested and assigned
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers