compensation: commission based employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Mercedes-Benz of Austin is hiring for an Express Service Advisor! Greet customers, listen to their description of the problems or service needed, determine the type of service required, and prepare repair orders. If a vehicle requires additional repairs not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional cost and telephone the customer for permission to do the work, They also advise customers on other available services.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
• Advises customers about necessary service for routine maintenance.
• Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer or doing a visual inspection or road test.
• Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures, and prepare work order for needed repairs.
• Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates for service.
• Writes a brief description of the customer's concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
• Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer.
• Handles customer complaints.
• Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information using an i-pad.
• Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
• Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
• Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
• Establishes “promised time.”
• Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
• Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
• Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
• Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
• Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
• Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
• Inspects all vehicles for body work.
• Maintains a professional appearance.
• Keeps work area clean.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
• Punctuality in reporting to work.
• Comfortable being on your feet all day.
• Driven in sales AND customer satisfaction.
• Communication skills in person, in writing, and over the telephone (ability to assist the customer in expressing all service needs and writing down those needs in a way that is acceptable to the customer and understandable to the Technicians)
Education and/or Experience:
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 1-2 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required license or certification:
• Valid Driver's License
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be open to working Monday 6:45AM-6:00PM, Saturday 8:00AM-5:00PM. Usually 2 Saturdays a month.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Commission based, ability to make $50k - $60k.
All Continental Automotive Group Full-Time Employees Receive:
• Employer Paid Dental Insurance
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• Employer Paid Medical Insurance
• Employer Paid Health Savings Account Contribution
• Employer Paid Wellness Clinic (512) 381-3578
• Employer Paid Flu Vaccinations Every Fall
• Employer Percentage Matching for 401k
• 14 Paid Time Off Vacation Days/Year (1-9 years)
• 19 Paid Time Off Vacation Days/Year (10+ years)
• Annual Christmas Bonus Based on Tenure
• Annual Christmas Party
• Annual Employee Appreciation Dinner
• Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
• Employee Discounts on Collision Repair, Parts, and Service
• Bi-Weekly Pay Periods, Paid on Fridays (hourly employees)
•Holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years
• Employer Paid Lunches Every Saturday
• Employer Paid Lunches/Dinners - Special Occasions (Blood Drives, Birthdays, Awards, etc.)
• Access to In-House Insurance Agency
• Access to In-House Marketing Agency
• Voluntary Life Term and Whole Insurance
• Voluntary AFLAC Supplemental Coverages
• $200 Donation to Charity of Your Choice with Approval We strive to take excellent care of our employees, so that they will strive to take excellent care of our clients!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers