Overview & Responsibilities
QR Code Link to This Post
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work ® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not "just a job".We currently have a part time opening for a Administrative Assistant at Cook-Walden Chapel of the Hills in Austin, TX . This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Receives and directs callers and visitors of a funeral home. Performs a variety of clerical and other tasks. Typical duties include answering phones and/or operating a switchboard, opening and sorting mail, typing and/or word processing, scheduling appointments, gathering information, and maintaining files or records. Incumbents work under direct supervision, receive specific instructions on new or unfamiliar tasks, and have limited exposure to confidential information.
Administrative Support Customer Service
• Receives incoming telephone calls and assist callers with any questions or comments;
direct calls to appropriate team members and resolve calls when possible.
• Greets and receive client families and visitors, maintaining a friendly empathic attitude and offering
assistance and guidance as needed.
• Provides information associated with services and products courteously and in a polite manner, with a goal
to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations.
• Provides information associated with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
• Maintains a comfortable environment, providing beverages and other amenities for the client families as
• Ensures the entrance area of the facility is clean by providing light housekeeping as necessary
• Maintains daily facility schedule
• Assists in MeM preparation, including scanning photos and proofreading
• Other duties may include:
• Researches records for genealogy requests
• Processes Petty cash and bank deposit
• Orders markers, granite, and final date scrolls
• Maintains deed and trust files
• Completes Installation Work Orders (IWO)
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
Experience & Availability:
• Minimum 12 months clerical and/or customer service experience
• Requires weekend availability (mostly 8-5p, sometimes later) with some few days during the week.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures
• Working knowledge of standard office equipment including multi-line phone system, computers, calculators,
copiers, printers, and fax machines
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires
demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Professional communication skills both orally and in writing
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Attention to detail and accurately take messages and information
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities
Who we are. What we do.
We're more than North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
# of Openings 2