We all know how important one teacher can be in the life of a student.
QR Code Link to This Post
As former teachers and administrators, we know Guest Teaching is not easy. In fact, often times it requires a hero. But our teachers will tell you that this work with children -- primarily in underserved communities -- is some of the most important and meaningful work you can do.
Our job at CSTN is to support you in this endeavor. We do this through a dedicated, professional, and reliable community, and place you in schools that are many of the highest performing public schools in the city. We've worked with these schools for many years, and because of the great individuals within our network (you), we consistently earn a reputation for having the most dedicated, reliable, and engaged guest teachers in the city.
If you're looking for a job that is challenging but full of meaning and purpose, we encourage you to contact us to get more information. You'll get exposure to many public charter schools in the city, and work alongside a network of committed and talented professionals, passionate about changing lives for students. Apply here to Join our family.
We'd love to have you on the team.
Benefits of substitute teaching:
• Impact the Future Generation
• Be a leader
• Change students' lives
• Consistent Work Opportunities
• Flexible Work Schedule
• Competitive Pay - Including quarterly bonuses
• Full Time Teaching Opportunities for High Performers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must teach with a sense of urgency and possess a strong passion for social justice in education.
• Carry out lesson plan instructions from the classroom teacher, and/or create lesson plans in absence of a prepared lesson; ensure all material is covered.
• Create and maintain a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and productive learning environment in accordance with school policies.
• Create and maintain a climate of respect and fairness for all students.
• Respond and report to "call-ins" in a timely manner.
• Maintain professional appearance that adheres to school policies.
• Passion and desire to change students lives for the better.
• Have a strong belief that every child has a unique and powerful gift to share with the world.
• Strong ability to manage a classroom of students or at least 1 year working with children.
• High level of Professionalism and Reliability.
• High School/GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• At least 1 year experience of working with young people.
• Hold a current Substitute License, Teaching License or be willing to apply for one.
• Ability to establish professional working relationships with students and staff.
• Excellent promptness and time management skills.
• Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
For more information on the excellent work we do, visit www.cstnchicago.com