compensation: Highly competitive wages, depending on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Arete European Kitchens, is seeking a Cad designer and product engineer to work at our Arete Kitchens showroom in Austin to service our Austin and Houston locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilize KPS (Similar to 20/20), Sketchup Pro/Layout and MS Office applications to create designs, estimates and documentation for the sales team.
• Submit orders to the factory.
• Check and confirm orders from the factory.
• Provide the installation team with detailed drawings and technical information.
• Uphold our Company and Brand Values of Integrity, Teamwork, and Client Satisfaction.
Skills and Requirements:
• Basic understanding of kitchen design
• Basic understanding of cabinet construction
• 1+ year of work-related CAD experience or COMPLETED a trade school or college level CAD course within the last 2 years
• Proficiency with Sketch Up or similar kitchen design programs
• Ability to design in metric, preferably with previous experience
• Ability to interpret architectural drawings
• Keen eye for modern design
• Solution-oriented with exceptional follow through
• Strong skills in communication, multi-tasking and performing well in a fast-paced environment
• Must be willing and able to learn our products and systems
• Must be organized and highly detail-oriented
• Must be flexible, dependable, have good judgment and a highly developed sense of responsibility
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
• Be a team player, but also have the ability to take initiative and ownership in projects and be able to work well without direct supervision
• Travel may be required
• Familiarity with the local market a plus
• Competitive Wages, based on experience
• Health Insurance available
• Holiday, Vacation and Personal day pay
Respond with resume and other pertinent information.
No phone or in-person inquiries.
Job Type: Full-time
Thanks for taking the time to read about this exciting opportunity. The boilerplate information above, may look similar to many job listings you’ve seen before, so let me try to state in plain language what I’m looking for.
I’m seeking an energetic, personable, and highly trainable person interested in modern architecture and design to come to the showroom every day, excited about the products we design and sell. Someone who finds it compelling that we create bespoke kitchens and cabinetry made in Europe for multi-million dollar estates. A person not intimidated by the fact that we work in multi-million dollar estates for clients with exacting tastes and very high expectations. Someone who will take great satisfaction in the process as well as the finished product. Someone who will be excited when we’re featured in another regional, or national magazine, or have won another international design award.
Every day is not non-stop-fun, there’s some grind, there’s stress, deadlines and frustration, but overall there’s not a person here who would rather be doing their job somewhere else. I know this, because, the highly skilled people at our locations would be, and have been, prime targets for scalping from our competitors, and they chose to stay.
If you’re looking for a rewarding and long lasting career in the international design trade that will give you a high level of personal satisfaction, if you’re looking for a position where your unique talents will be nurtured, respected and rewarded, then drop me a note, telling me in the most expressive terms you can muster, why you would like to be part of this team.
Arete European Kitchens
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers