Utility Staking and AutoCAD Technicians *Hiring ASAP* (Cedar Park)
Lamar Technical Services, Inc.
compensation:$17.00 to $30.00
job title:AutoCAD Technicians and Utility Staking Technician
QR Code Link to This Post
About Lamar Technical Services, Inc.
We are a family owned small but growing technical services firm that has been supporting the public utility industry throughout the State of Texas for more than 26 years. We provide technical services to primarily the electric utility industry; however, we have supported other utilities, as well as engineering and construction entities. Our workforce is comprised of personnel with many years of experience in the development of the utility infrastructure we enjoy today.
We offer a full array of employee benefits that include 40+ hours per week, 4 on, 3 off option, competitive pay, retirement with match plan, two life insurance policies and health and dental coverage at no cost to the employee, holiday pay, paid vacation, and non-corporate work environment.
AutoCAD Technician Summary :
Lamar Technical Services, Inc. (LTSI) seeks qualified candidates that are highly organized, energetic, self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as a team for the entry level non-exempt position of Electric Distribution Designer-In Training. Under the guidance of multiple experienced designers, successful candidates will be involved in all aspects of utility distribution plan and will learn processes for the production of electric distribution field designs, staking of distribution facilities, project estimation and preparation of construction prints using electronic design/estimation software for a wide range of electric utility clients including co-ops, public utility districts, investor-owned utilities, municipalities, and others.
•Design and layout development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems, voltage conversion projects, underground conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure upgrade replacement projects.
• Conduct field engineering of project requirements, identify conflicting utilities and other constructability issues, perform engineering and design calculations, develop work permit applications, and support land acquisition.
• Plan complex projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, and apply NESC, RUS/REA specifications and other applicable industry standards.
• Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and client construction and operation crews to define project scope, obtain input to project designs, and support construction.
•Identify project materials, prepare material staking sheets, obtain and
evaluate quotes from vendors and initiate purchase requisitions.
•Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance
with project scope, schedule and budget.
•Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience with AutoCAD and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
is preferred but not required.
• Experience with Excel, Adobe and Word is required.
• Position requires a valid, D.W.I free, Texas driver's license, clean driving
record, ability to work extended hours with overtime at time and a half rate.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and Non-smokers only please.
Utility Staking Technician Summary:
We are looking for customer oriented, trainable candidates with attention to detail. Well rounded knowledge of surveying, AutoCAD, GIS, GPS, and the Rural Utilities Service's specifications and drawings for power line construction are a plus, but not a requirement.
Responsibilities may include:
• Utility Surveying/mapping
• Construction staking and layout
• Meeting with property owners to negotiate utility easements
• Acquiring TxDOT permits
• Drafting assignments
• Maintain field equipment in a safe and orderly fashion
• Other tasks and duties as assigned
Position requires a valid, D.W.I free, Texas driver's license, clean driving record, ability to work extended hours with overtime. Non-smokers only.
Competitive Starting Pay!
To be considered, please reply with your resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.