- LIDC: Low Impedance Drive Capability. Unlike most other new models, this Yamaha is rated to operate into speaker impedances as low as 2-ohms so that it can correctly handle those “8-ohm” speaker that can drop to below 3.
* Even though most manufacturers state 8-ohm, in virtually all reviews of speakers by the leading audiophile magazine, it is recommended that the amplifier be 4-ohm capable.
- WBW: Wide Band Width. Unlike many new models, this Yamaha is rated at 10 Hz to 100,000 Hz (+0/-3 dB) – to correctly play 20-to-20, you need more than just 20-to-20
- HMP: High Music Power. RMS is mandated, but music is better. Although it is rated at 85 watts RMS from 20-to-20 into 8-ohms, under music tests it does:
2-ohms: 230 watts per channel
4-ohms: 185 watts per channel
6-ohms: 150 watts per channel
8-ohms: 115 watts per channel
- TDAS: it has Totally Discrete Amplifier Stages – just like ultra high-end amps have.
SOUND FIELD FEATURES
- Proprietary YAMAHA technology for the creation of sound fields
- Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital EX decoder
- DTS/DTS ES Matrix 6.1, Discrete 6.1, DTS Neo:6, DTS 96/24 decoder
- Dolby Pro Logic/Dolby Pro Logic II/Dolby Pro Logic IIx decoder
- Virtual CINEMA DSP
- SILENT CINEMA
SOPHISTICATED AM/FM TUNER
- 40-station random access preset tuning
- Automatic preset tuning
- Preset station shifting capability (preset editing)
- 192-kHz/24-bit D/A converter
- A SET MENU which provides you with items for optimizing this unit for your audio/video system
- 6 additional input jacks for discrete multi-channel input
- Component video input/output capability
- Optical and coaxial digital audio signal jacks
- Sleep timer
- Cinema and music night listening modes
P.S. Video? Do as the experts say: for the highest quality, run audio through audio and video through video, i.e. run your video outputs DIRECTLY to the TV.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers