We are an established event staffing agency looking to expand our culinary team! We are looking for experienced event chef assistants and prep chefs interested in working events, particularly during SXSW, March 8-17.
Event Chef Assistants: Assist chefs at various events. Must be comfortable taking direction in fast-paced environment. Tasks include basic cooking/reheating, plating appetizers and buffet items, prepping onsite, and loading and unloading vans.
Prep Chef: Must have kitchen experience including strong knife skills and food prep abilities. Must be comfortable working in a crowded commercial kitchen.
• Must have the required uniform - black pants, black nonslip shoes, white or black chef coat.
• Must have culinary experience, preferably catering.
• Must have current Food Handler's Certification.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
PAYMENT: Pay rates vary (starting at $15.00 per hour). We pay weekly via direct deposit or pay card.
INTERVIEWS: We will be holding group interviews in Downtown Austin – Tuesday, Feb 26 and Thursday, Feb 28. We will contact you to schedule an interview (no walk-ins).
TO APPLY: Reply with all the following:
• A resume and a summary of recent relevant experience.
• Your availability, including for SXSW – March 8-17.
• Your availability for a group interview: Tuesday - February 26 - 11am, Tuesday - February 26 - 3pm or Thursday - February 28 - 4pm
• Your contact information - phone number and email.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers