We are looking for a Head Distiller/Master Brewer with at least 3 years of previous distilling/brewing experience who is as excited and as motivated as we are to be part of the Craft Brewing industry. The ideal person for this position is an experienced brewer who knows how to make great beer and can manage production and quality control. Someone who can see a quality product through from sourcing all the way to bottling. Full understanding about the brewing process is essential.
This opportunity requires an ambitious person that is interested in creating new products and making them successful. You will need to be creative, market savvy, and enthusiastic about your work. You will be working with people that are also excited to be part of a new venture.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Responsible for the entire brewing and quality control processes and hence should be well versed in scheduling, brewing, cellaring and packaging operations.
· Recipe development.
· Find new suppliers and review existing ones.
· Manage client & vendor relationships.
· Manage resources and staff to meet objectives.
· Work on new recipes for seasonal and specialty beers ensuring they appeal to a certain market, or will enhance sales at a specific time of the year.
· Help to design beer labels or marketing materials.
· Plan budgets, keeping track of stock and records of raw materials.
· Keep up to date with developments in technology in the industry.
· Manage raw materials, inventory control, scheduling and contracts.
· Keep records of all beers produced.
· Coordinating operations with Packaging, Maintenance, QC and Shipping, and Contractors.
· Good understanding of quality assurance / quality control and problem solving skills and to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
· Strong verbal communication and organization skills.
· Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
· Hands-on leadership skills for developing and training a team.