compensation: $50,000 to $60,000 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Moviehouse & Eatery, is looking for a talented and dedicated Kitchen Manager.
We operate the most indulgent and dynamic restaurant cinema operation in the business and require motivated, energetic and well-seasoned managers to drive our huge facilities. Our buildings are 45,000 square feet in size, run full service scratch kitchens, multiple bars and average staffs in excess of 175 per location. We service 400,000 guests a year per location and have revenues in excess of $10 million per unit. Our amenities include plush leather individual dining recliners, wall to wall screens, state of the art kitchens & bars, luxurious lounges and guest spaces and deliver premium guest experiences to every patron.
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of our culinary operations. From preparation and execution of our scratch menu to assurance of guest satisfaction, the Kitchen Manager will coordinate the kitchen team to assure excellent operations in all facets of the business: hospitality, quality, staffing, environment, and profitability. We have a talented kitchen team and need an experienced kitchen leader to help us accelerate our growth and the development of our team. Our job as leaders at Moviehouse & Eatery:
• First class movie and dining experience for every guest: sights, sounds, food, drink, service, and environment.
• Exceed guest expectations and resolves all guest issues correctly to ensure return visits.
• Hospitality to every team member through employee alignment and constant focus on team development.
• Open to and constantly focused on business generating ideas via in store operational decisions and a focus on culinary innovation.
• Maintaining professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere.
• Critical eye toward all kitchen products, from the time the product is delivered until it is composed and served to our guests.
• Oversight and control in conjunction with the General Manager of food cost, inventory and ordering of food and kitchen supplies.
• Maintenance and diligent use of all policies and procedures focused on product quality: daily line checks, prep and par level control, regular food audits, and 100% commitment to safe and sanitary operations.
• Encouraging of and receptive to feedback on food quality focused on resolution and improvement.
• Mindful of trends and evolution in food and focused on applying those ideas to improve the quality of Moviehouse & Eatery's offerings.
• Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, and successful training of all kitchen employees.
• Constant focus on team member development and cross training to ensure maximum operational efficiency and career growth for team members.
• Schedule control and assurance of proper staffing levels, balance of shifts, and shift preparedness 24/7/36
• Awareness of and focus on preparation for business shifts due to movie schedules, weather changes, and seasonality.
• Communications liaison from front of house management team to kitchen management and hourly employees. .
• Vigilant attention to facility maintenance and cleanliness including daily cleaning and sanitation practices, equipment checks, and preventative maintenance as needed.
• Safety and security ambassador for all kitchen managers and team members.
• Compliance coordinator for all operational standards, company policies, and Federal/State/Local laws.
• Sets a good example of the company dress code and appearance standards ensuring that your team fully complies with these.
• Focus on and maintenance of excellent kitchen facilities: equipment cleanliness and preventative maintenance, timely repair and resolution of any facilities related issues, great organization, and staff education on all kitchen facilities maintenance and cleanliness responsibilities.
• Accountable to all cost, labor, and expense goals as outlined in store's operating budget. .
• Experienced in delivering targeted financial return by forecasting, managing, and analyzing sales, labor, costs, and in turn, profitability.
• Adaptable to shifting business targets and an ability to reorganize and refocus operations to accommodate those shifting targets.
• Controlling day-to-day operations - profit & loss, by following food quality standards, solving cost and inventory issues, and quality labor control.
• Meet and exceed the restaurant's cost and labor targets.
• Extensive understanding of professional cooking
• Extensive knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
• Available to work any shift and all holidays.
• Professional communication skills required
• Ability to work in a team environment and develop hourly team members.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
• Comfortable with routine and repetitive work to assure maximum quality and efficiency.
• Ability to motivate employees to achieve a common goal
• Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as salaried manager in full service, casual dining
• Record of maintaining high standards in restaurant cleanliness, sanitation, food quality, and guest satisfaction
• Demonstrated leadership skills, including coaching, directing, and motivating a team
• Some exposure to P&L and sales building highly desirable