compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Medical Billing Specialist
The ideal person for this position will have a cheerful, professional demeanor, 2 or more years medical billing experience, work efficiently in a fast paced environment, is organized, meets deadlines and knows how to communicate effectively with staff, patients and medical insurance companies. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes paid health insurance, 401K, generous PTO and much, much more!
This key position works all facets of our revenue cycle management - billing, claim submission, denial appeals, resolving unpaid medical claims, and patient collections. The candidate will be working closely with the practice manager to contribute to the overall growth of the practice. This is a career-oriented position with room for growth and development. An excellent opportunity to join a busy practice where you will be valued for your expertise.
• Ability to project a professional image
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, Bilingual preferred
• Must be dependable, organized, detail oriented, able to multitask effectively, and prioritize work
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and as part of a team
• Must be organized, efficient, and have great critical thinking skills as well as an investigational attitude
• Knowledge of third party payers, HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, Medicaid, etc
• Familiarity with coding (CPT-4, ICD-10, and HCPCS), including modifier usage; Certifications a plus
• Knowledge of ERAs, EOBs and an understanding of health plan benefits (deductibles, copays, coinsurance) and eligibility verification.
• Required Experience
• 2+ years’ of recent experience in Accounts Receivable (AR), Revenue Cycle, and Billing within the medical field required (direct experience with insurance/payer AR follow up required)
• 2+ years’ of recent experience with the collection of outstanding patient balances.
• Proficient with personal computer (PC) skills (including usage of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), able to use standard office equipment
• Experience in the use of medical billing systems and electronic medical record
What We Offer
• A cheerful cooperative atmosphere where staff is valued
• Paid Health Insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays
• 401(k) + Employer Match
• Optional Dental, Vision, Disability and much more
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers