compensation: This is an unpaid internship employment type: part-time internship non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Game Illustration Internship, Summer 2019
HealthStart is seeking an intern interested in using their creative talents to help change the world for the better. Our primary purpose is to improve child health. HealthStart’s mission is to help kids build strong brains and bodies through early, science-based health education. We are doing this with a health education curriculum for children 3-6 years of age, an elementary school cafeteria-based nutrition education program, and a digital app grounded in the concepts found in our curriculum and nutrition education program.
HealthStart seeks a part-time intern with excellent writing, organizational skills and creative talents. You will work directly with our Curriculum Coordinator who produces and designs our curriculum, marketing, educational and outreach materials. You will help create graphics for an upcoming health education game, Monstralia: A Healthy Life For Your Little Monster. This game will have 25 different mini-games. Each game will require the creation of numerous graphics. All of these experiences should be highly transferable to any other creative work environment.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Create graphics for an upcoming health education mobile game using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Create backgrounds using a drawing tablet for an upcoming mobile game.
- Help create promotional materials for upcoming events such as flyers, web banners, and other materials.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Candidates for the position must have educational or work experience with illustration, graphic design, design, website development, or related activity. YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE FRIDAYS FROM 9:30A-11A FRIDAY FOR A WEEKLY STAFF MEETING. In addition, candidates should have some or all of the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Quick study
- A willingness to learn new things or new ways of doing things
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm about making a difference
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Ability to meet deadlines with little or no daily onsite supervision
- Some drawing/illustration experience
- Experience with drawing tablets and creating simple digital paintings
- Experience with Illustrator, and creating vector graphics with the pen tool
- UI experience a plus.
- Work on game illustration a plus.
This is an unpaid internship.
Application Due Date
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter (required), and portfolio, if appropriate, on or before 4/26/19. Two references required. Candidates must be able to begin work no later than 5/15/19.
Applicants may perform their internship tasks remotely or at the HealthStart office, however, applicants must be able to participate in weekly Friday 9:30a-11:00a staff meetings as well as a weekly Monstralia team meeting (day and time tbd).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers