We are Carpe Sono, a semi professional contemporary a cappella group here in Austin, TX. We have been together for six years and are currently looking for new members to round out our group for the start of the year!
A few facts about our group:
- We sing contemporary Rock/Pop/Soul Songs (U2, Rhianna, Ed Sheeran, Cold Play, Ellie Goulding, Pink Floyd, Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Alicia Keys & More!)
- Our age range is from 23-33
- We're high energy, eclectic, focused, talented, driven, and family friendly
- We practice 4-6 times a month
- We have 2-3 gigs a month (10-15 a month during the Christmas Season)
- Although our love of a cappella music is our primary and most important motivation, we are semi professional - there is modest compensation to members for paid gigs.
- We are a community of musicians that have become great friends through this process
Here is what we are looking for:
- soprano, tenor, and tenor2/baritone ages 21+
- a deep passion for music and a cappella in particular
- consistent availability for gigs and 2 hour practices once a week
- a commitment to excellence
- someone who learns and memorizes music quickly
- someone who's looking to work hard to sound amazing and meet and hang out with new friends and fellow musicians
Interested? Well, RVSP for an upcoming open rehearsal Before auditioning!!
Come meet us, learn an arrangement with us, and get a feel for how a typical rehearsal goes!
Then, at a later date for auditions, you'll:
- learn more about the vision of the group
- sing a solo (about 2 minutes) showing off your solo voice
- learn part of an a cappella arrangement and sing it within a small ensemble
- do a range test
- fill out a short questionnaire
You will be evaluated on:
- your solo
- stage presence
- your ability to blend with others during the ensemble
- your tone
- the 'intangibles' (other attributes you can bring to the group outside of your voice e.g. arranging experience)
Please fill out the following and contact us here:
Why Would You Want to be apart of this group?
Fun facts about you
Once you RSVP, I will send you both a questionnaire to fill out and the arrangements to learn for the ensemble portion of the audition, and any other details.
Let me know if you have any questions, Take care and hope to see you at the auditions!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers