compensation: $33,305+ short shift / $37,830+ long shift (dependent upon education/experience) employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE JOB POSTING BEFORE APPLYING TO ENSURE YOU CAN MEET THE POSITION HOURS AND REQUIREMENTS. CANDIDATES SELECTED TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE PROCESS WILL BE EMAILED A VIRTUAL INTERVIEW TO COMPLETE AND RETURN FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION.
The Settlement Home for Children is an innovative non-profit rooted in 102 years of tradition in the Austin community. Our mission is to promote healing and growth in children, young adults, and families by providing a continuum of care, support and resources.
Houseparent positions are salaried at $33,305+/annual for short shift or $37,830+/annual for long shift.
Candidates must currently live within a 50 mile driving radius of Austin, TX to be considered.
Houseparents can bring their pet to live with them while on campus!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our full-time employees--please see the list below for some of these benefits. We have positions open immediately!
LIVE-IN HOUSEPARENT HOURS
This is a LIVE-IN position for half of the week. You will work one of the following shifts:
Short-Shift: Wednesday 9am through Saturday at 5pm (80 hours)
Long-Shift: Saturday 4pm through Wednesday at 1pm (93 hours)
When submitting your resume, please indicate if you are open to either shift (preferred), or if you have a preference.
LIVE-IN HOUSEPARENT DUTIES (partial list)
Live on-site half of the week
Supervision and care of residents to insure their safety and health
Plan and implement recreational, leisure and enrichment activities
Document daily activities and significant incidents
Maintain a therapeutic mindset
Dispense medications, as needed
Perform physical holds, as needed, when a resident is a danger to themselves or others
LIVE-IN HOUSEPARENT REQUIREMENTS
* You must be a female applicant to be a Houseparent. If you are a male and interested in working with us, please check out our other full-time non-residential openings.
* Must have the ability to live on-site during shift
* Must be at least 21 years old
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must be able to pass an FBI fingerprint check and drug test per state licensing standards
* Must meet employment standards set forth by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. (Please inquire if you have questions.)
We offer some great perks and benefits to our employees. Please check out several of them below.
LIVE-IN HOUSEPARENT PERKS & BENEFITS
* Employer paid medical and dental insurance
* Houseparents have the ability to bring their pet with them during their residential shift
* 401(k) with partial match
* Paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave
* Free meals
* Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions available
* Bonus and Referral Program
* Online yoga memberships
* Trainings with CEUs are offered regularly at no charge
* Free clinical supervision towards your LCSW or LPC (waiting period and other restrictions will apply)
Interested candidates, please respond to this ad with your resume and a cover letter or intro message stating your approximate date of availability.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers