HOPE Farmer's Market is looking for a new director to join its ranks! This beloved 10-year-old nonprofit market meets every Sunday afternoon at Plaza Saltillo Station. Read more at www.hopefarmersmarket.org
- Setting up and taking down the market each week with the HOPE team
- Booking entertainment for weekly performances (music, dance, spoken word, theatre, etc)
- Designing/managing additional family-friendly programming, special events, holiday themes, etc
- Marketing special events and managing social media
- Writing monthly newsletters with market updates
- Spearheading long-term promotional and development initiatives
A good applicant should be:
- A natural community leader
- Familiar with East Austin's artistic and creative communities
- Well-versed in Facebook and Instagram
- An experienced event producer
- A strong writer
The position is part-time. The Programs Director will attend markets on Sundays from 9-4. Additional work can be conducted throughout the week on your own time, which typically runs 8-10 hours.
If you're interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resumé (if available). In the cover letter, be sure to describe your personal relationship to community-making and mention any artistic or creative pursuits you practice.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers