compensation: Minimum of $15.00 per hour, depending upon experience. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Therapeutic Childcare Specialist works to provide a stable, safe, and healing environment for the children in our care. Helping Hand Home for Children uses the TCU Trust-Based Relationship Intervention model as the foundation of our program. A two-week paid training program is provided, STARTING JULY 8TH. This role might be a good fit for people interested in direct care, child development, trauma-informed care, mental health, attachment theory and practice, social work, relationship-based therapy, treatment planning, or life skills coaching.
Details of the Position:
• Teach and role-model a variety of social, problem solving, academic, recreational, and self-help skills
• Implement motivational and discipline plans and effective teaching techniques taught in training or outlined in individualized treatment plans for the children
• Build relationships with the children through mutual respect, positive feedback, and consistency
• Actively and enthusiastically lead and participate in activities
• Safely use crisis intervention techniques to manage aggressive behavior
• Complete required regular forms and reports accurately
• Contribute to building a home-like, therapeutic environment
• Set boundaries in a nurturing, supportive way
What we look for: patience, empathy, emotional resilience, flexibility, punctuality
• Part- or full-time hours available. Currently hiring for our February training class.
• Helpful but not required: Social Services degree and/or experience; experience working with children.
Salary and Benefits:
• Minimum of $15.00 per hour, depending upon experience.
• Full-time employees receive paid health insurance, subsidized dental and vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, and 26 days of PTO annually.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be physically able to use authorized crisis intervention techniques
• Valid drivers license with clean driving record
• Must be flexible with hours and able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overnights as needed