compensation: Competitive based on Experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Sterling Classical School is seeking to fill the position of Registrar for our growing PreK-12th grade private Christian school. This is a 3/4 time position.
The individual will display the following traits:
Commitment: to Sterling Classical School and the mission Christ has established here on the campus enabling one to speak about the ministry of the school with enthusiasm and conviction.
Flexibility: able to handle interruptions and diversions cheerfully and willing to respond to needs.
Servanthood: willing to do whatever is necessary in support of the Directors, Dean of Students and Faculty, teachers and faculty, students and parents so that the ministry remains effective and focused.
Sensitivity: relating in a loving way to students who may be sick, hurt, frightened, angry or upset. Able to maintain a balance of comfort and firmness as needed. Able to relate to parents who may be angry, impatient, or irresponsible. Able to provide a consistent Christian witness to parents and visitors.
Professionalism: maintaining the confidentiality of the students’ records, information about school families and information about teachers and faculty. Able to communicate excellence in all written materials and in other points of visibility to our school parents and to the general public.
Reports To: Dean of Students and Faculty
• Open the school at 7:00 a.m., turn on all office equipment, unlock doors and ensure school is ready for arrival of faculty and students.
• Registrar will provide immediate back up or coverage to the Front Office Receptionist and Campus Aide which can include answering the phones, and providing coverage for rotating lunch schedule of immediate office staff.
• Manage all aspects of the Registrar including new enrollment, re-enrollment, class transfers, transcripts, report cards, withdrawals and submission of documentation
requested by other schools, universities/colleges and students.
• Must follow notification procedure of any class change that results in a billing adjustment and report to accounting department.
• This position will also require staying informed and trained on all the beneficial aspects of the school platform program that will keep the tasks of the Registrar running most efficiently and effectively.
• Coordinate with the Dean of Students and Faculty as to when to launch Re port Cards each term. Work with the Dean, if needed, to aide in ensuring all report cards are complete and accurate each term by reviewing them line by line. The Dean of Students and Faculty will instruct the registrar as to when to release and inform parents that report cards are ready to be viewed and accessed.
• Upload attendance records to the report cards for each term. (if needed or applicable based on the school management platform)
• Send e-mail communication to parents once report cards are complete and available for printing.
• Coordinates with the Dean of Students and Faculty as to specific date for the roll over or launch of the new school year. Confirms with school platform program what is needed to close out the year. Prints each student’s report card or transcript for their record before the year is closed or archived, and updates student’s file.
• Will set up the next school year based on ability with the school platform program as soon as possible so that when re-enrollment starts, students can be enrolled directly into class selections, including electives.
• Maintain an enrollment elective spreadsheet broken down by elective class for the purpose of providing enrollment numbers in each class during the enrollment period.
• Work with the Dean to establish the master schedule which can be adjusted from the current year as needed. Confirm number of students allowed in each class and the allowed number of sections per grade. This information will guide the new enrollment availability and placement.
• Once the accounting department gives you the enrollment paperwork for a new enrollee (after testing, family interview and billing is complete) then you will enter them and place student in classes in school platform program, verifying all paperwork is correct and complete.
• Verify immunization compliance for each student and mail an immunization record or an Exemption Affidavit update request to parents. Ensure each student is compliant by the first day of school.
• Place Grammar and Logic students in the classrooms as assigned by the Directors once all students are entered for the upcoming school year.
• Maintains a variety of files, documents and student records (e.g. grades, transcripts, academic achievement records) for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information relative to student records.
• Print School of Logic & Rhetoric student schedules for Open House.
• Other support task as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Formal education in modern business office practices
• Three years secretarial or related office experience, preferably in education setting. Additional related experience may be substituted for formal education as deemed appropriate.
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively in the English Language.
• Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret documents, schedules and procedure manuals in English, along with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic and business mathematics.
Other Qualifications and Skills:
• Extensive knowledge of and ability to perform basic secretarial skills (typing, filing, data entry and use of basic office equipment)
• Ability to use correct grammar and punctuation.
• Proficient computer skills including the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, publisher, and the internet.
• Ability to learn school management platform program.
• Ability to work under pressure with constant interruptions, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle confidential matters professionally and with integrity.
• Demonstrated abilities in self-direction and sound judgement.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude towards staff, faculty, students and parents.
Terms of Employment:
Work Hours/Days: Monday through Thursday/ 8 hours per day.
Salary: Competitive based on experience.
Interested candidates should reply with their cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers