If this posting is up, a position is available and we are still accepting resumes.
Do you have an interest in science and a track record of creating documents quickly and well? Do you enjoy computer/desk work and have an eye for detail? Do you love a sharp-looking document? If so, we may have a job for you creating study reports from data packs generated by scientists at our lab. A degree is not required for this position, we'll train you.
About the Company: http://www.MicrochemLab.com
Microchem Laboratory is a commercial testing laboratory founded in 1988. It is located in Round Rock, Texas. The lab specializes in the testing of antimicrobial agents, cosmetics, and medical devices. When this position is filled there will be approximately 45 people working at the company.
About the Position:
The Scientific Writer is responsible for transforming data from completed laboratory studies into top-notch, error-free reports to send to our clients, as well as miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the manager.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some early or later hours, overtime and weekends, as needed.
About the Interview Process:
A proficiency test may be given for laboratory math and detail orientation.
- Scientific Background (e.g., B.S. Degree or previous lab experience).
- Verifiable history of quick, high-quality word processing and spreadsheet management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interact well with a variety of scientists and managers.
- Positive attitude and professional mindset.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work quickly with minimal supervision (after training).
- Transform data packs from completed laboratory studies into top-notch lab reports to be sent to the company's clients.
- Write other scientific documents as needed, such as SOPs and forms.
- Engineer time-saving processes and templates related to scientific writing at the company.
- Review reports written by others.
- Perform duties related to scientific document control.
- Lead and participate in special projects at the discretion of management.
- Work with laboratory staff and management to identify and execute process improvements to increase quality and/or productivity.
- Maintain metrics related to report thoughput and communicate to management periodically.
- Other duties as assigned.
Comprehensive and Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage commensurate with skills and experience.
- Paid vacation, sick time and company holidays.
- Full suite of medical, dental and vision insurance benefits.
- Short-term disability, term life and whole life insurances available.
- Microchem Match Platinum 401(k) Plan, retirement benefit with company match.
Respond to this posting via Craigslist. Attach your resume, include a brief (less than 200 words) description on why you think you would be a great fit for this position and make the subject line of the email the words "Scientific Writer" then your name and a one-word description of your best professional attribute. Please do not call the laboratory. Someone from the lab will contact you if more information or an interview is desired.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers