Our development group is looking for a full time Facilities Team Manager for our portfolio of commercial properties around Austin and Central Texas. This position is based in Austin and travels around the greater Austin while reporting to the Property Manager. Must be comfortable working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
QR Code Link to This Post
Job functions and duties include, and are not limited to:
- Field incoming work orders from over 300 tenants.
- This role will assess maintenance requests and property conditions and be able to complete work orders, or assign them to in-house maintenance tech, or vendors/subcontractors.
- Self-Perform light maintenance repairs, or use resources to get the job done.
- Project manage an array of make ready repairs, and small tenant finish out’s.
- Report time spent, document notes, and take photos of repairs completed, all through software/mobile device.
- Manage facilities team, disburse daily work orders, schedule repairs to be completed.
- Understand and bill for in-house maintenance staff through work order system.
- Process 3rd party vendors or contractor invoices through work order system.
- Ability to work in unusual or extreme elements; such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Ability to stand or walk for a minimum of 8 hours a day.
- Ability to work safely from a ladder.
- Physical demands include frequent bending, stooping, and crouching.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or GED.
- Project Management / Construction Management experience.
- Facilities Maintenance, operations, and mechanical system experience required.
- Strong communication skills are a must have.
- Existing, local contractor relationships or bank of resources.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.