compensation: Above Average - Based on qualifications and experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Hill Country Outdoor Power is seeking a Customer Service Associate to join our retail store showroom team. If you like helping customers, are not afraid to learn new things, are ok standing/walking for most of the workday, and are comfortable on a computer, then this is the opportunity for you!
Our current store hours are Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat 9am-3pm. Your work hours will likely be an opening or closing shift, with at least two Saturdays a month required. Overtime opportunities will be available in peak season (usually March - October). Please note this is not a seasonal job, we hope you'll come join the team and stay for a long time!
We offer competitive hourly wages, as well as Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Uniforms, Employee Discounts, 401K retirement plan, a casual work environment, and other employee benefits.
Bilingual (English-Spanish) is a plus, but not required. If you are interested, read on to learn more. . .
* Equipment Sales - Assisting customers with knowledge of new equipment features, benefits, pricing, and comparisons of features across various models or brands to help find the best fit for the customer.
* Parts Sales - Assisting customers with accurately identifying needed replacement parts using general mechanical aptitude and specialized in-store software.
* Service Support - Quickly and accurately checking in/out equipment for repair in the Service Shop.
* Contacting Customers - Assisting as needed by calling customers to notify them of items in stock, arrival of special order items, repaired equipment ready to be picked up, etc.
* Using mechanical aptitude and equipment knowledge to assist customers in general problem solving and good maintenance practices.
* Building relationships with customers through active listening and adjusting approach to customer's experience level.
* Consistently communicating and collaborating positively with team members, customers and suppliers.
* Managing time effectively to ensure team meets service level goals and maintains high customer satisfaction.
* Other duties as may be required by management.
* Must be physically able to perform tasks while standing and walking for the majority of the workday.
* Must be physically able to climb a ladder up to 5 feet above the ground, while holding up to 10lbs. in one hand.
* Must be physically able to move and lift 50lb. boxes up to table height and lift 25lb. boxes up to head-height.
* Must be able (or willing to learn) to operate outdoor power equipment (mowers, trimmers, chainsaws, etc.) with sufficiently expert skill so as to demonstrate proper operation, product features, and proper maintenance to customers.
* Must have excellent communication and customer service skills, punctuality, dependability and a positive attitude.
* Must be proficient in using Windows computers and standard Internet apps; as well as able to learn in-store software.
* Must work well in a busy environment, remain calm under pressure, and keep track of multiple tasks/customers at once.
* Must have reliable transportation as buses do not run to our location.
-- Reply with a paragraph describing why you feel you are a good fit for the position and attach/paste your current resume
-- Local area Austin and Central Texas candidates encouraged; authorized to work in the US.
-- Prospective employee must pass a general background check. Individuals convicted of a felony will not be hired.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers