favorite this postResearch Assistant/High Voltage Technician (North Austin)hide this posting
compensation: $36 - 65K depending in qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Stellarray is seeking a Research Assistant/High Voltage Technician to work on the development, test and production of new X-ray sources and products made from them. Stellarray's flat panel x-ray source (FPXS) uses cathode arrays in a vacuum enclosure to make x-rays over wide areas. These sources are being made for cabinet irradiators in projects supported by the U.S. Department of Energy. The irradiators will be sold to blood banks, hospitals, biotechnology companies and universities. A second type of x-ray source uses digitally addressable x-ray spots for 3D imaging systems with no moving parts. This work is supported by NASA. Voltages on our X-ray sources range from 10 - 225 kV and input power from 0.1 - 10 kW.
- Fabrication of prototype panels and irradiators using glass fabrication, machine tools, metal assembly, vacuum sealing and wiring processes
- Development & Fabrication of high voltage (>20 kV) power supply components and subsystems
- Conduct structured experiments with senior staff to develop power supply processes
- Maintenance and repair of vacuum pumps, power supplies and panel production equipment
- Preparation and operation of test stations for x-ray panels, including electrical circuit fabrication
- Data collection and documentation for the above processes to ISO standards
- A degree or equivalent training in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, industrial process and control or a related field
- Experience with vacuum pumps, mills, lathes, spot welding, ovens, ultrasonic cleaning and other manufacturing and research tools
- Experience with high voltage (>20kV) power supplies and high voltage safety
- Understanding of wiring diagrams and ability to make small-run circuits
- Knowledge of Visual basic, CAD and other programming tools desirable
- 2+ years experience in a research or development environment (industrial or university)
- Must be able to work independently and carefully document work
Our 15,000 sq ft facility is located in Austin TX and includes a microfabrication clean room, prototyping benches and tools, panel and system manufacturing stations, machine shop and computer aided design tools. Product development at Stellarray is done according to ISO 13485 standards.
This is a full time job. Stellarray offers competitive compensation, health insurance and upside potential with our stock option plan.
Our web site is www.stellar-ray.com. You may reply to this posting by sending a resume or CV with a cover note including salary requirements to email@example.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers