Yardi Systems is currently seeking a full time, highly motivated Category Specialist to join their growing team in Austin, TX!
QR Code Link to This Post
Category Specialist is responsible for the daily operations of assigned MRO suppliers/categories. This includes: account setup/maintenance, managing catalog data for assigned categories, resolving escalated order management issues, assisting in enhancing manufacturer/supplier relationships and identifying both positive and negative supplier performance trends. The specialist will be required to pull, analyze and share data with vendor partners and Yardi team members.
The category specialist is also required to be the resident expert in product knowledge for the assigned categories, but this knowledge can be developed internally. The success of this role will be measured by the performance of: the responsible categories, suppliers and their corresponding metrics, overall customer satisfaction ratings of Yardi Marketplace, and finally the evaluation of Operations Team leadership.
• Act as the point person for Yardi Marketplace to manage the given suppliers account settings for each client
• Process and successfully load new supplier accounts on a timely/daily basis
• Recommend products for addition and deletion to the Yardi Marketplace catalog
• Gather, consolidate, and maintain required product data for YMP catalog
• Manage product substitutions, update catalog for discontinued products
• Proactively work with vendors and distributors to enhance and update product presentation within Yardi Marketplace online catalog
• Determine order status on errant or delayed orders
• Identify systematically under-performing suppliers, document issues
• Proactively communicate with internal and external parties regarding escalated client/supplier issues
• Proactively manage logistics of large or otherwise complex orders
• Complete product cross-matching
• Develop strong product knowledge
• Cross-match competitor and other product descriptions to correct Yardi Marketplace products
• Leverage partners as necessary to assist with the same
• Exercises independent judgment and decision making as it relates to affecting, interpret and implement operating policies
• Carries out major assignments and special projects in conducting operations that affects said operations to a substantial degree
• Provides consultation to management
• Investigates and resolves matters of significance
• Represents the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances
• Ad hoc data reporting and distribution
EDUCATION/ESSENTIAL SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
• 2-3 years of category buying experience or degree and years of experience equivalent
• Ability to complete tasks and projects within short deadlines
• Proven capability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously
• Extremely detail oriented
• Strong proficiency with MS Excel, intermediate proficiency with other MS Office applications.
• High degree of comfort with using technology and systems to present to vendors, clients, and colleagues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as being a team player.
• Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and screen capture editing tools.
• Proven track record delivering company critical projects on time.
• Commercial and/or residential MRO product experience preferred
• Electronic Procurement system/integration experience
PLEASE APPLY TO: https://careers.yardi.com/openings/job-posting/P2P19212335/
Yardi Systems is a successful independent software company with a proven history of growth and market leadership in the multi-billion dollar global commercial real estate industry. We employ talented, motivated and innovative people that are focused on delivering superior solutions to our clients and are passionate about working with other highly skilled professionals in team environments.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a winning team, work with the latest Microsoft technologies and develop your career, then Yardi Systems is the place for you. We have a pleasant and casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun.