Driving around after the May 3 and 4th heavy rains we noticed many new homes have already flooded. These homeowners purchsed a building lot in what was once a pasture, this pasture is at times 4+ feet lower than the road in. See our photo's, the debris covered fence is 4 feet high.
Prior to purchasing your new home lot, why not look for a few tell-tale red flags?
01. Is there debris hanging off a nearby fence?
02. Is the road to this location higher than the lot?
03. Are there large pieces of asphalt beside the road? This indicates it floods fairly regularly, the asphalt lifts.
04. Is the company selling the lot also a local banker and/or insurance agent?
05. If you google the town name, are there any very concerning moral and/or ethical issues involving its residents?
We discovered each of these involve lots being sold on FM 3000 and Mundine Road in Elgin. Why not use our easy checklist and save yourself needless ruin.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers